If you're like me, the usual dinner and movie date get old. Don't get me wrong, I love to have a yummy meal at one of my favorite restaurants or go see the latest movie, but it's always fun to change things up a little & do something different with your honey. I came up with 10 different ideas for your next date- some I have done with Chris myself and some that we still want to do!
1. picnic in the park// We live near a park, and I love a picnic, so we do this quite often. I love to do this on Sunday afternoons- especially after a busy weekend when we don't get much alone time. Pack your favorite snacks & bottle of wine, grab a blanket and head to your nearest park for some laid back fun and romance.
2. bowling// Chris recently mentioned that we should go bowling sometime. I instantly thought to myself- what a great date night! We definitely added this to the "date list." I can't wait to show him my awesome bowling skills. Not.
3. go on a hike// I have been wanting to go hiking again ever since we went in California two summers ago. I am hoping we can find some places to hike around here and have a day date one Saturday this fall! If you're not in to hiking, just go on a walk! That is a great time to just talk and enjoy the outdoors with your honey.
4. cook a meal together// This one seems like a no brainer but it really comes in handy when I want a good meal but don't feel like getting all dressed up, or we don't want to spend a lot of money. But just because I want to be in sweatpants & Chris wants to give our pocketbook a break, doesn't mean that we can't have a date night. The last time we did this, we made individual little pizzas. I set up a "pizza bar," and it we loved creating our own pizzas (mine was better). Put out lots of toppings and different cheeses, and you're all set! We ate pizza, drank wine, had good conversation, and we did it all on our couch…in sweats. Perfection.
5. go to a concert// We live in Music City, so this one is a regular for us. Whether it's a big show or just listening to live music downtown, it always proves to be a good time. If there is a upcoming concert in your area, consider it for your next date night! Music just makes you feel good.
6. movie night at home// I know what you're thinking..that is not different. My way is! I like to spice it up a little. First, do more than just the regular popcorn. Drizzle chocolate fudge over your popcorn and let it dry, or put candy sprinkles on it to make it a extra special treat. Light some candles and grab a bottle of wine (if you can't tell, we love wine). Make a big pallet with blankets and pillows on the living room floor and cuddle up for a movie!
7. out for ice cream or coffee// One of my favorite things to do with Chris is to walk to our neighborhood ice cream place for an after dinner treat. Especially if we cook at home- it's a fun way to still get out and do something together. And if you don't know already, I am a coffee lover. I love to go into different coffee shops for a date. It is fun to just sit and chat with each other over a cup of coffee.
8. tour your town// We have lived in Nashville for 4 years (well him 4, me 3), and I feel like there is still so much to see and do! I have a list of things I want us to do (I will save that for another post), so I plan on making these fun dates for us. Make a list of different things in your town or city that you want to do and get going!
9. game night// I love to have game night with our other couple friends, but sometimes it's fun to just play games with each other. This is another one of those "I want to wear sweatpants" date. Get comfy and pull out some board games or card games for two! We are super competitive, so it may not always end well, but we try. We have fun until I start losing at least.
10. s'mores party// One of my all time favorites- build a fire in your backyard and get to roasting! Who doesn't love s'mores?! We have also done the campfire classic- hot dog on a hanger. Sitting around a fire is romantic, and roasting s'mores seriously makes you feel like a kid all over again.
I hope this have given you some new ideas for your next date! I think it is so important to keep dating even after you're married. We are all busy, but it's good to make time for each other- and have some fun with it! Thanks for reading & don't forget about the Elle & Co. Design Giveaway!