Every year, for the 4th of July, my family goes to Seaside, Florida. This is an annual vacation that I look forward to every year for a lot of reasons. Not only is it great to see and spend time with my family, but Seaside never disappoints. Here are a five reasons to visit this cute little beach town:
1. Beaches - In my opinion, the beaches there are some of the best we have to offer - with soft, white sand and turquoise blue water. I think it's very hard to find water almost as blue and clear as the Caribbean in the U.S. but I'm telling you - it's just about that blue. If you're wanting a nice, beautiful beach - Seaside is your place!
2. Food - There are so many good places to eat in Seaside. The seafood is so fresh and most places have great views of the beach - who doesn't love eating on the water? A few of my favorites are Bud and Alleys, Shrimp Shack, Pickles, Cafe Thrity-A, and Stinkys. You also can never go wrong with the cute food trucks that are lined up downtown.
3. Beach town - It is the cutest little beach town you ever did see - with bikes and golf carts, the cutest little post office (shown here on my Instagram), darling ice creams shops and boutiques, and so much more. I recommend going into town a few days to grab lunch from a food truck and walk around!
4. Events - There is always something going on in Seaside - whether it's an outdoor concert, a movie in the park, or an art show - there is something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Since we are there for the 4th every year, we love the firework show! There is nothing like fireworks on the beach. You can check out their website for a list of all the events they offer!
5. Family Time - The events and family time kind of go hand-in-hand, but I think family time in Seaside is like no other. Because it is a town that is geared towards families, there is always something for you to do and enjoy with your crew. Or if you don't feel like doing anything, the beach is always there - and family time on the beach can't be beat either! It's one of my favorite trips of the year because it's spent with the people I love most - on the beach, playing games, exploring Seaside, and eating good food.
Have you ever been to Seaside? If so, what are some of your favorite spots? If you haven't been, add it to your beach vaca list - I promise you'll LOVE IT! Thanks for reading.