In other words, I've always thought there was a reason to celebrate Valentine's Day - even if you don't have a significant other at the time. I mean, how can you not love a holiday that expresses love - no matter who it's to (friends, family, a man, chocolate) - it's all the same, right? :)
Needless to say, there are tons of Valentine's Day memories from year to year that really stand out to me - so today, for Friday favorites, I wanted to share some of those favorite memories with you all. I love reflecting on things I remember from different times in my life.
My favorite Valentine's Day Memories:
1. My mom's cards and candy to me and my sisters every year.
2. In junior high, my "boyfriend" (we were like 13) at the time, buying me roses. I just knew we would get married. Ha, young love.
3. My junior year of college - going to a hockey game with my roommates (random?), drinking beer, and laughing our butts off.
4. Teaching kindergarten, and while doing a Valentine's Day activity, one of my students asking me if anyone loved me because I wasn't married. Oh, the things kids say.
5. Teaching kindergarten (another year), and one student writing about what his mom loves to do, which was "she loves to drink wine." I couldn't control my laughter and either could his mom when I shared that with her.
*warning: this is where Chris comes into the picture, so if reading lovey dovey stuff makes you nauseas, you might want to just scroll through the rest.
6. Our first Valentine's Day as a married couple - when we were broke and made cheap heart shaped pizzas at home (read the full story here).
7. The year I came home to 10 balloons floating in our living room, each one having a note tied to it with one thing Chris loves about me. I mean, is he just the most precious thing ever?? Yes.
8. The year I made Chris chocolate covered strawberries - his favorite!
9. Giving Chris a coupon book one year - coupons I made for things like a free massage, a week of not helping me do dishes, etc. Biggest mistake ever on my part, but he loved it.
10. Every year, cooking a meal at home with Chris (our tradition after #6 memory), and being reminded of why he is the one for me and of all the reasons I love him. Ok, sorry, had to get mushy for just a sec.
Are you a lover or a hater of Valentine's Day? Give me the scoop. And do you have any favorite Valentine's Day memories? I'd love to hear! Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend with hugs and kisses and lots of chocolate.