Friday, August 5, 2016
Best Buys: July
1. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up - If you love to be organized and have your house in order as much as I do, then you'll love this method of tidying up. I finished the book within a week, and have now started the tidying up process using the KonMari method. It's all about de-cluttering your home and surrounding yourself with only the things that bring you joy. I will admit, some parts of the book get a little weird (in regards to her talking to her possessions), but overall I think the method is great, and I'm loving the process!
2. L'Oreal Face Masks, 1 // 2 // 3 - I LOVE face masks, but a good mask can be a bit pricey. I used to just stock up on samples in order to get my mask fix in on Sunday nights, but fear no more - L'Oreal has released three different face masks that are affordable and awesome. I love them all for different reasons, and now I can do a face mask 2-3 times a week with great results!
3. Natural Dry Body Brush Set - After reading this post on dry brushing and the benefits of it, I decided to give it a go! I ordered this set from Amazon (that was reasonable priced) and have been dry brushing at least 3x a week. I gotta say - it feels really good and my skin is glowing! Not to mention, it supposedly reduces cellulite - win, win.
4. Corie Clark Purposeful Planner (on sale right now!) - Obsessed is an understatement. If you know me well, you know I love a planner. I absolutely love the layout of this one! For each month, there is page for monthly goals, budget, and menu planning. But my favorite part are the daily pages - which includes a place for the top 3 things you want to accomplish that day, an inspiring verse/quote, a place for "brain dump" (jotting down ideas), a place to write praises and prayers, and so much more! I've loved using it daily and it really helps keep me on track.
5. Stainless Steel Cookware Cleaner - I got this set of stainless steel cookware for Christmas, and because it's such a nice set, I've been trying really hard to clean them well and take care of them. Stainless steel can be very hard to clean, so when I came across this cookware cleaner, I knew I had to get it. Now cleaning is a breeze! It's a powder like cleaner than becomes pasty with water, and removes even the toughest stain - not to mention, it leaves the pots and pans spotless and shiny!
I'm a few days late with July's best buys - but better late than never, right? I wanted to get this post up sooner than later (since we are going on week 2 in August… like what…where has the time gone??), so in leu of my typical Friday Favorites, I bring you my best buys of July (read more about the start of this series here).
What are your plans this weekend? We are headed to my hometown for an engagement party of one of my dear childhood friends! I always love going back home and seeing my family and friends - plus the eatin' is just sooooo good down there. Bring on the fried chicken and catfish!! I hope you all have a great weekend and thanks for reading!
PS. Best Buys of May and June