Every summer, Chris and I try to take a vacation together, and it's something we look forward to every year. Last year, we enjoyed a very low-key, relaxing week in Jumby Bay, Antigua. While we absolutely love Jumby Bay, this year we decided to switch it up a little and headed to Maui, Hawaii for a little relaxation plus adventure.
Maui is the perfect place for a little R&R, but also an amazing place to explore. There is so much to see and do! We had a good mix of days spent sipping on cocktails at the pool or beach, and getting out to explore in the Jeep we rented for the week.
We also ate a lot. So much so that I am saving all the food pics and restaurant reviews for another post - check back tomorrow for my list of Maui must eats! Today, I rounded up some of my favorite pictures from the week to recap our trip, and I also want to share some of the highlights of our trip with you guys!
Where we stayed:
- Hotel Wailea - We love quiet, quaint hotels, and that's exactly what Hotel Wailea is. It's romantic, has a great pool area, delicious food, and a very friendly staff. We got an ocean view suite with a stunning view of the water. Watching the sunset from our balcony every night was breathtaking! We've stayed at the Grand Wailea before, and while it is very nice, the resort crowd just wasn't for us. If you want to get away from that, Hotel Wailea is your spot.
What we did:
- Road to Hana - a Maui must do! It's a scenic drive around the island to the small village of Hana. You can read more about it and our experience in my post here.
- Helicopter Tour - this is the absolute best way to see the island!! I'm so glad we booked this because it was definitely the highlight of the trip. We went with Blue Hawaiian's Hana/Haleakala tour, and it was amazing!
- Beach days - there are so many wonderful beaches on the island of Maui! We spent some time at Wailea Beach - our hotel beach and great for paddle boarding, Big Beach - gorgeous water with huge waves that break at shore (be careful - I totally got wiped out), and Charley Young Beach - beautiful sand and great for swimming.
- Explored the island towns - There are so many great areas to explore on the island. We made it to Paia - the cutest little sufer town, Kihei - cute shops and good night life, and Lahaina - adorable, historic town with good food and shopping.
Swimsuit // Hat // Sunglasses
These pictures take me back to such a happy place. With all that Chris and I have been through lately with our fertility journey, it was so nice to escape and just focus on each other. We left feeling rested, more connected, and ready for the next step. I feel so blessed to have Chris and that we have the opportunity to travel together right now, and I don't take that for granted.
Have you ever been to one of the Hawaiian islands? I would love to hear about it! Also, if Maui is on your travel list and you have more questions about planning your trip, please don't hesitate to ask me - I would love to help! Thanks so much for reading.