"For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child himself." - Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
It's Christmas week!! Which means it's officially time for Christmas movie marathons and loads of Christmas treats! On Christmas Eve, Chris and I stay in our pajamas all day (until the evening church candlelight service) and watch Christmas movies while sipping hot chocolate and snacking on popcorn and Christmas candy. It's one of my favorite traditions of ours and something I look forward to every year. Over the years, it has brought up a discussion of our favorite Christmas movies, which can be hard to narrow down because there are so many good ones! But everyone has their absolute favorites, and today I want to share mine with you and hear about your favorite Christmas movies!
1. A Christmas Carol - I have always loved this classic piece of literature, and the movie (especially the 1938 version) is a must see for me every Christmas. This scene gives me all the Christmas feels.
2. Home Alone - I don't think I need to say much here... isn't this one a favorite for everyone?! I grew up watching it, and Christmas wouldn't be complete without watching it. I absolutely love the music!
3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas - This is another one I love because of the story! This scene brings me to tears of laughter every time!!
4. Christmas Vacation - Again, not much explanation needed, but this is one Chris and I definitely watch every year (usually several times)!
5. Elf - If it doesn't put you in a good Christmas mood, I don't know what will. I mean... "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"
Photos | Catherine Truman
Tell me, what are your favorite Christmas movies? I would love to hear!